Welcome to the OU Club of Wichita
Fostering the spirit of The University of Oklahoma among its alumni and fans in the Wichita area.
The OU Club of Wichita will have its watch parties at the Blarney Stone Pub, 2120 N Woodlawn in Wichita. The first watch party will be on Saturday, September 3, 11 a.m.when OU travels to Houston to take on the Cougars.
The watch parties had been scheduled at Fox and Hound until news broke of the closing of that establishment. Blarney Stone Pub owner Michelle Lindgren welcomed the opportunity to host loyal OU fans. It turns out Blarney Stone Pub is a very popular place for college watch parties. Most of our events will be in a private party room. On the occasion that room may have been reserved, we’ll be in the main room.
Special thanks to Gretchen Weber who did a great job for us at Fox and Hound and helped introduce us to the team at Blarney Stone Pub.
Watch Party dates and captains:
- September 3, Houston – Lori Ellison-Zuercher and Mark Chamberlin
- September 10, ULM (PPV) – Lori Ellison-Zuercher and Mark Chamberlin
- September 17, Ohio State – Mark Chamberlin
- October 1, TCU – Patti Phillips
- October 8, Texas – Mark Chamberlin
- October 22, Texas Tech – Brian Latta
- November 3, Iowa State – Bryce Matteson
- November 19, West Virginia – Clay Stoldt
Former OU running back and now restauranteur, Billy Sims spent the day meeting fans at his new Billy Sims BBQ restaurant in Newton on Saturday, July 16. Sims spent four hours signing autographs and posing for pictures as folks from the area dined on great food.
The day was made even more special with the introduction of the club’s 2016 scholarship winners.
The Oklahoma women’s gymnastics team won their second national title in program history with a score of 197.6750 Saturday night.
Following Oklahoma’s men’s gymnastics’ 10th National Championship earlier Saturday night, Oklahoma became the first school in NCAA history to have both teams win the national title in the same season.
Oklahoma coach K.J. Kindler said the team worked harder for this win than they did for their first national title.
Students wanting to apply for OU Club of Wichita scholarship funds now have until April 1 to submit their application. To download the application form Scholarship App 2016-17
- Track and Field Unveils 2018 Schedule August 23, 2017OU Vice President and Director of Athletics Joe Castiglione and Head Track and Field Coach Jim VanHootegem announced the 2018 OU track and field schedule Wednesday.
- Sooners Serve Up Season Opener at NIKE Invite August 23, 2017The University of Oklahoma volleyball team hosts its annual NIKE Invitational to open the 2017 season. The Sooners take on Seton Hall opening night on Friday at 7 p.m.
- Crain announces 2017 fall class August 22, 2017As the 2017 fall slate draws near, Oklahoma rowing welcomes six newcomers to the program, head coach Leeanne Crain announced.
- The Hurry-Up: Vol. 4 August 22, 2017With the season opener just 11 days away, fall camp has ended for Oklahoma football. In the last installment of The Hurry-Up, see some final thoughts from the Sooners.
- Orlando Brown Named Preseason AP All-American August 22, 2017Oklahoma redshirt junior offensive tackle Orlando Brown has been named to the Associated Press' Preseason All-America Team, the organization announced Tuesday.