Welcome to the OU Club of Wichita
Fostering the spirit of The University of Oklahoma among its alumni and fans in the Wichita area.
March 15, 2017 (Wichita, KAN) — The OU Club of Wichita board officially announced the application deadline for its annual scholarship program. Those admitted to OU for the first tine in the Fall 2017 semester are eligible. Click on the SCHOLARSHIPS TAB to get full details. Deadline for applications is APRIL 15, 2017.
Former OU cheerleader and now Miss Augusta 2017, Cari Anne Cashon attended the board meeting as a guest, Cari Anne expressed support for the club’s efforts and asked for the club to support her campaign which could propel her to Miss America.
Learn more at http://www.missaugusta2017.com/
Last spring, the board awarded scholarships to local high school students from the Wichita area. After an exciting enrollment and orientation, the students are encouraged to write letters of thanks to the club. This week letters from Scott Tesser, Ashley Lesser and Alison Heeren arrived. Half of your dues to the club support our scholarship program.
The OU Club of Wichita will have its watch parties at the Blarney Stone Pub, 2120 N Woodlawn in Wichita. The first watch party will be on Saturday, September 3, 11 a.m.when OU travels to Houston to take on the Cougars.
The watch parties had been scheduled at Fox and Hound until news broke of the closing of that establishment. Blarney Stone Pub owner Michelle Lindgren welcomed the opportunity to host loyal OU fans. It turns out Blarney Stone Pub is a very popular place for college watch parties. Most of our events will be in a private party room. On the occasion that room may have been reserved, we’ll be in the main room.
Special thanks to Gretchen Weber who did a great job for us at Fox and Hound and helped introduce us to the team at Blarney Stone Pub.
Watch Party dates and captains:
- September 3, Houston – Lori Ellison-Zuercher and Mark Chamberlin
- September 10, ULM (PPV) – Lori Ellison-Zuercher and Mark Chamberlin
- September 17, Ohio State – Mark Chamberlin
- October 1, TCU – Patti Phillips
- October 8, Texas – Mark Chamberlin
- October 22, Texas Tech – Brian Latta
- November 3, Iowa State – Bryce Matteson
- November 19, West Virginia – Clay Stoldt
- Sooners Begin Outdoor Season With Five Wins March 18, 2018The University of Oklahoma track and field team opened the outdoor season this weekend with five wins at the TCU Invitational.
- Sooners Remain in Third at Clover Cup March 18, 2018Women's golf remains in third place at the Clover Cup after firing a second-round score of 288 (E) on Saturday
- Sooners' Seventh Backs Perez in Win March 17, 2018The Oklahoma baseball team's bats came to life in the seventh en route to a 4-1 win over Kennesaw State at L. Dale Mitchell Park on Saturday afternoon.
- Sooners Extend Streak, Climb NCAA Record Books March 17, 2018With its 88th consecutive victory, OU men's gymnastics is tied with UCLA men's basketball for the fifth-longest win streak in NCAA Division I history.
- Sooners Roll to Run-Rule Win Over Nebraska March 17, 2018No. 5/5 Oklahoma softball earned its 12th shutout win of the season on Saturday as it run-ruled Nebraska 8-0 in six innings at the Easton Tournament.