Welcome to the OU Club of Wichita
Fostering the spirit of The University of Oklahoma among its alumni and fans in the Wichita area.
Last spring, the board awarded scholarships to local high school students from the Wichita area. After an exciting enrollment and orientation, the students are encouraged to write letters of thanks to the club. This week letters from Scott Tesser, Ashley Lesser and Alison Heeren arrived. Half of your dues to the club support our scholarship program.
The OU Club of Wichita will have its watch parties at the Blarney Stone Pub, 2120 N Woodlawn in Wichita. The first watch party will be on Saturday, September 3, 11 a.m.when OU travels to Houston to take on the Cougars.
The watch parties had been scheduled at Fox and Hound until news broke of the closing of that establishment. Blarney Stone Pub owner Michelle Lindgren welcomed the opportunity to host loyal OU fans. It turns out Blarney Stone Pub is a very popular place for college watch parties. Most of our events will be in a private party room. On the occasion that room may have been reserved, we’ll be in the main room.
Special thanks to Gretchen Weber who did a great job for us at Fox and Hound and helped introduce us to the team at Blarney Stone Pub.
Watch Party dates and captains:
- September 3, Houston – Lori Ellison-Zuercher and Mark Chamberlin
- September 10, ULM (PPV) – Lori Ellison-Zuercher and Mark Chamberlin
- September 17, Ohio State – Mark Chamberlin
- October 1, TCU – Patti Phillips
- October 8, Texas – Mark Chamberlin
- October 22, Texas Tech – Brian Latta
- November 3, Iowa State – Bryce Matteson
- November 19, West Virginia – Clay Stoldt
Former OU running back and now restauranteur, Billy Sims spent the day meeting fans at his new Billy Sims BBQ restaurant in Newton on Saturday, July 16. Sims spent four hours signing autographs and posing for pictures as folks from the area dined on great food.
The day was made even more special with the introduction of the club’s 2016 scholarship winners.
- Four Sooners Earn All-American Honors June 22, 2017Max McGreevy, Grant Hirschman, Brad Dalke and Blaine Hale have been named Division I PING All-Americans, marking the most All-America honors for the men's golf program since 1989.
- Commit to the Plan: Jamuni McNeace June 22, 2017Jamuni McNeace sees himself as a student of the game. He has to be, as basketball is still a relatively new endeavor for the 6-10 redshirt junior.
- Grove Prepared for Summer on the Cape June 21, 2017Dylan Grove worked diligently with Skip Johnson to return to form late in the season and is carrying over that preparation to the Cape League.
- Knighten Nominated for ESPY Award June 21, 2017Oklahoma sophomore Shay Knighten has been nominated for an ESPY Award in the Best Championship Performance category, ESPN announced Wednesday.
- Kerns Signs Free Agent Deal With Astros June 21, 2017Left-handed pitcher Austin Kerns signed a minor league contract with the Astros on Tuesday evening after two seasons with the University of Oklahoma baseball team.