Welcome to the OU Club of Wichita
Fostering the spirit of The University of Oklahoma among its alumni and fans in the Wichita area.
Watch parties. Summer send-off parties and scholarships. Just a few of the reasons why you should join the OU Club of Wichita. Your dues help us organize local events and continue to support local high school students who need extra money to offset the expense of attending a great university like OU.
In the past ten years, the OU Club of Wichita has awarded 42 scholarships valued at $87,400. Half of those scholarships are from the club’s treasury, the other half represents a match from the university.
Renewing or joining is easy. Just click the JOIN THE CLUB tab on the home page and you’ll go right to the payment portal. You can also download a membership form and use regular mail. You do not need to be an OU graduate to join the club. Just being an OU fan qualifies you.
Thanks for your continued support.
Live on, University.
OU fans are invited to the Oak & Pie restaurant to watch the Big XII Championship between Oklahoma and TCU. Our normal venue, Deano’s was reserved for the Wichita State basketball game but owner John Arnold quickly devised a solution. John promised some extra snacks and all the TV’s would be tuned in to this rematch. See you for kick-off at 11:30
Oak & Pie is located at 2244 N Greenwich Rd #900, Wichita, KS.
The OU Club of Wichita and Deano’s Grill and Tapworks are partnering to host special watch parties for this season’s OU football campaign. The Watch Parties are:
- Saturday, September 9 at Ohio State (6:30 p.m. ABC)
- Saturday, September 16 Tulane at Norman (Deano’s is providing this PPV game) 5 p.m.
- Saturday, September 23 at Baylor
- Saturday, October 14 Texas at Dallas
- Saturday, October 21 at Kansas State
- Saturday, November 4 at Oklahoma State
- Saturday, November 18 at Kansas
Watch Parties are Free and open to all OU fans and their families. A special section is being set aside for the parties and each party features lots of door prizes.
Deano’s Grill and Tapworks is located at 9747 E 21st St N #101, Wichita, KS
Former OU running back and now restauranteur, Billy Sims spent the day meeting fans at his new Billy Sims BBQ restaurant in Newton on Saturday, July 16. Sims spent four hours signing autographs and posing for pictures as folks from the area dined on great food.
The day was made even more special with the introduction of the club’s 2016 scholarship winners.
- Sooners Sweep Big 12 Weekly Awards January 21, 2019Senior Brenna Dowell, sophomore Karrie Thomas and freshman Olivia Trautman were all recognized by the league Monday.
- OU Back on the Road Tuesday at TCU January 21, 2019OU Back on the Road Tuesday at TCU
- Women's Gym Remains No. 1 For Third Straight Week January 21, 2019Through three weeks of competition, the Oklahoma women's gymnastics team is holding steady in the top spot.
- Sooners Notch Back-to-Back Sweeps January 20, 2019Sooners Notch Back-to-Back Sweeps
- OU Comes Up Short in Austin January 20, 2019OU Comes Up Short in Austin