Welcome to the OU Club of Wichita
Fostering the spirit of The University of Oklahoma among its alumni and fans in the Wichita area.
The OU Club of Wichita and Deano’s Grill and Tapworks are partnering to host special watch parties for this season’s OU football campaign. The Watch Parties are:
- Saturday, September 9 at Ohio State (6:30 p.m. ABC)
- Saturday, September 16 Tulane at Norman (Deano’s is providing this PPV game) 5 p.m.
- Saturday, September 23 at Baylor
- Saturday, October 14 Texas at Dallas
- Saturday, October 21 at Kansas State
- Saturday, November 4 at Oklahoma State
- Saturday, November 18 at Kansas
Watch Parties are Free and open to all OU fans and their families. A special section is being set aside for the parties and each party features lots of door prizes.
Deano’s Grill and Tapworks is located at 9747 E 21st St N #101, Wichita, KS
2017-2018 OU Club of Wichita Scholarship Winners
The OU Club of Wichita is proud to announce the recipients of the club’s annual scholarships. Funds for the scholarships come from membership dues and other club activities. The board reviews applications from Wichita-area students who have been accepted at OU and recipients are selected based on academic performance and need.
Riley Sanders is our Sheridan Drowatzky Memorial Scholarship recipient. Riley is a graduate of Wichita Collegiate School where she was a prestigious Malone Scholar. Riley has a close relationship with her grandmother and younger sister and is described by a former teacher as being “an amazing young lady whose diligence, perseverance, intellectual and collaborative ability and positive attitude will guide her to future success.” Riley is the daughter of Jarrett & Allison Sander and plans to major in International Business at OU.
Sheridan Drowatzky was a teacher in Wichita and for many years served as the Membership Chair of the OU Club of Wichita.
At the tender age of 8, Hannah Reed created a tree house in her family’s back yard and says, “Learning how to draft, build and create something that existed only in my imagination a few days before remains one of my favorite childhood lessons.” The Maize South graduate credits her former summer vacation home as the starting point of her career in architecture, which will be her major at OU. Hannah is the daughter of Joseph and Teresa Reed.
From a shy 5th-grader who chose band because he hated to sing, to starring in musicals and concerts, Wichita Collegiate School graduate Conner Coughlin says “Music helped me out of my shell and opened many doors for me to showcase its various forms.” Conner’s second fascination is weather, which led to his decision to attend OU and its school of meteorology. Conner grew up watching the Weather Channel and hopes one day to be able to report from storms and warn the public. Conner is the son of Lisa Coughlin.
- Sooners Preview 2018 at Big 12 Media Days July 16, 2018The Sooners spent Monday at Big 12 Media Days in Frisco, Texas, to discuss the upcoming season.
- OU Big 12 Media Day Central July 16, 2018Head coach Lincoln Riley, Rodney Anderson, Amani Bledsoe, Kenneth Murray and Ben Powers represented the Sooners at Big 12 Media Day Monday at The Star in Frisco.
- Six Sooners Qualify for U.S. Championships July 15, 2018Six current and former Sooners punched their ticket to the U.S. Championships at the National Qualifier on Saturday with alumnus Colin Van Wicklen winning the all-around competition.
- Sooners Ready for National Qualifier July 13, 2018Looking to secure a spot at U.S. Championships in August, four current Sooners and a pair of alumni head to Colorado Springs, Colo., to compete at the National Qualifier on Saturday at 7 p.m.
- Sooners Again the Pick to Win Big 12 July 12, 2018For the sixth time in the eight years since the Big 12 moved to 10 teams, media have picked OU to win the league.