Welcome to the OU Club of Wichita
Fostering the spirit of The University of Oklahoma among its alumni and fans in the Wichita area.
Nearly 200 fans filled the conference center at Wichita’s Advanced Learning Library to meet OU All-American and Baltimore Ravens draftee Ben Powers.
The OU Club of Wichita has awarded six scholarships to Wichita-area high school seniors who will begin attending the University of Oklahoma in the fall of 2019.
“You have to learn that you aren’t always right and that everyone isn’t always going to agree with your decisions. How you respond to these reactions and learn from them going forward makes you a better leader”
“There are problems in this world that are bigger than the day-to-day issues that I face. It is a great feeling for me to know that when I participate in these things [volunteer activities] that I know I am part of something helping someone or some issue greater than myself.”
“I believe my passion, effort, and creativity allow me to effectively lead and motivate my groups to complete their tasks quickly and effectively, and work through the problems that frequently arise when working with inadequate supplies or unfamiliar people.”
“…when you commit to something, you must follow through even when not enjoyable so you do not to let down those counting on you.”
Katrina Mason – Derby High School
Katrina is the daughter of Patrick Mason and Melina Sengchanh; she plans to major in Biochemistry.
“Succeeding means more when we succeed together. I’ve always been the type to lead by example and service rather than by command.”
“Through [Chick-Fil-A Leader Labs] I have had the opportunity to work with others as we collectively increase our abilities to lead and be examples in our worlds.”
- Volleyball Announces Addition of Grace Talpash July 9, 2020NORMAN — Oklahoma volleyball coach Lindsey Gray-Walton announced Thursday the addition of transfer Grace Talpash, who will join the Sooners for the 2020 season and have three seasons of eligibility remaining.
- Secor and Screen Continue Summer Slate July 3, 2020NORMAN -- Oklahoma women's golfers Ellen Secor and Hannah Screen both continued their summer seasons away from Norman over the past week. Secor competed in her home state at the Oregon Women's Stroke Play Championship and Screen made her return to competitive golf at the Rose Ladies Series at Buckinghamshire Golf Club in England.
- Forever My Home July 2, 2020Looking back, it is crazy how close I was to not ending up at OU at all, but God 100% put his hands on me and placed me on the greatest campus in the world – The University of Oklahoma.
- OU Announces Cost-Cutting Measures Due to COVID-19 July 1, 2020With the start of the 2020-2021 fiscal year, the University of Oklahoma Athletics Department announced Wednesday initial cost-cutting measures that are now in place as a result of the COVID-19 global pandemic.
- COVID Testing Update from July 8 July 1, 2020The University of Oklahoma football team has returned to campus as its student-athletes began voluntary workouts Wednesday, July 1. Following is data related to coronavirus testing of players and football staff.
- 100 Sooners on Academic All-Big 12 Rookie Team July 1, 2020NORMAN — One-hundred University of Oklahoma student-athletes have been named to the 2019-2020 Academic All-Big 12 Rookie Team, the conference announced Wednesday.
- Kinley, Sanders Tabbed Preseason All-Big 12 June 29, 2020Oklahoma volleyball defensive specialist Keyton Kinley and outside hitter Sarah Sanders have both been named to the 2019 All-Big 12 Volleyball Preseason Team, the league office announced Monday.
- Football Checking in with Protocols in Place June 26, 2020The University of Oklahoma will re-open its facilities to members of the football team on Wednesday, July 1.