Welcome to the OU Club of Wichita
Fostering the spirit of The University of Oklahoma among its alumni and fans in the Wichita area.
The OU Club of Wichita and Deano’s Grill and Tapworks are partnering to host special watch parties for this season’s OU football campaign. The Watch Parties are:
- Saturday, September 9 at Ohio State (6:30 p.m. ABC)
- Saturday, September 16 Tulane at Norman (Deano’s is providing this PPV game) 5 p.m.
- Saturday, September 23 at Baylor
- Saturday, October 14 Texas at Dallas
- Saturday, October 21 at Kansas State
- Saturday, November 4 at Oklahoma State
- Saturday, November 18 at Kansas
Watch Parties are Free and open to all OU fans and their families. A special section is being set aside for the parties and each party features lots of door prizes.
Deano’s Grill and Tapworks is located at 9747 E 21st St N #101, Wichita, KS
2017-2018 OU Club of Wichita Scholarship Winners
The OU Club of Wichita is proud to announce the recipients of the club’s annual scholarships. Funds for the scholarships come from membership dues and other club activities. The board reviews applications from Wichita-area students who have been accepted at OU and recipients are selected based on academic performance and need.
Riley Sanders is our Sheridan Drowatzky Memorial Scholarship recipient. Riley is a graduate of Wichita Collegiate School where she was a prestigious Malone Scholar. Riley has a close relationship with her grandmother and younger sister and is described by a former teacher as being “an amazing young lady whose diligence, perseverance, intellectual and collaborative ability and positive attitude will guide her to future success.” Riley is the daughter of Jarrett & Allison Sander and plans to major in International Business at OU.
Sheridan Drowatzky was a teacher in Wichita and for many years served as the Membership Chair of the OU Club of Wichita.
At the tender age of 8, Hannah Reed created a tree house in her family’s back yard and says, “Learning how to draft, build and create something that existed only in my imagination a few days before remains one of my favorite childhood lessons.” The Maize South graduate credits her former summer vacation home as the starting point of her career in architecture, which will be her major at OU. Hannah is the daughter of Joseph and Teresa Reed.
From a shy 5th-grader who chose band because he hated to sing, to starring in musicals and concerts, Wichita Collegiate School graduate Conner Coughlin says “Music helped me out of my shell and opened many doors for me to showcase its various forms.” Conner’s second fascination is weather, which led to his decision to attend OU and its school of meteorology. Conner grew up watching the Weather Channel and hopes one day to be able to report from storms and warn the public. Conner is the son of Lisa Coughlin.
- Paris, Robinson Open WNBA Season on Sunday May 20, 2018The 22nd season of the WNBA begins this weekend with a pair of former Sooners making their debuts with new teams.
- Freshmen Trio Compete at World Team Trials May 20, 2018A trio of Oklahoma freshmen competed at the World Team Trials with Dom Demas qualifying for the US National Team.
- Sooners Land No. 4 Seed at Big 12 Championship May 20, 2018The Oklahoma baseball team will be the No. 4 seed in next week's Big 12 Championship at Oklahoma City's Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark
- Second Regional Run-Rule Moves OU to Sunday May 19, 2018Paige Lowary tossed a one-hit shutout and three Sooners homered to lift OU to an 8-0 run-rule victory over Tulsa.
- Long Ball Helps Sooners to Win at Kansas May 19, 2018Oklahoma baseball's bats exploded for four home runs and 12 hits in a 14-6 win over Kansas on Saturday at Hoglund Ballpark.