Welcome to the OU Club of Wichita
Fostering the spirit of The University of Oklahoma among its alumni and fans in the Wichita area.
2017-2018 OU Club of Wichita Scholarship Winners
The OU Club of Wichita is proud to announce the recipients of the club’s annual scholarships. Funds for the scholarships come from membership dues and other club activities. The board reviews applications from Wichita-area students who have been accepted at OU and recipients are selected based on academic performance and need.
Riley Sanders is our Sheridan Drowatzky Memorial Scholarship recipient. Riley is a graduate of Wichita Collegiate School where she was a prestigious Malone Scholar. Riley has a close relationship with her grandmother and younger sister and is described by a former teacher as being “an amazing young lady whose diligence, perseverance, intellectual and collaborative ability and positive attitude will guide her to future success.” Riley is the daughter of Jarrett & Allison Sander and plans to major in International Business at OU.
Sheridan Drowatzky was a teacher in Wichita and for many years served as the Membership Chair of the OU Club of Wichita.
At the tender age of 8, Hannah Reed created a tree house in her family’s back yard and says, “Learning how to draft, build and create something that existed only in my imagination a few days before remains one of my favorite childhood lessons.” The Maize South graduate credits her former summer vacation home as the starting point of her career in architecture, which will be her major at OU. Hannah is the daughter of Joseph and Teresa Reed.
From a shy 5th-grader who chose band because he hated to sing, to starring in musicals and concerts, Wichita Collegiate School graduate Conner Coughlin says “Music helped me out of my shell and opened many doors for me to showcase its various forms.” Conner’s second fascination is weather, which led to his decision to attend OU and its school of meteorology. Conner grew up watching the Weather Channel and hopes one day to be able to report from storms and warn the public. Conner is the son of Lisa Coughlin.
- Sooners Begin Outdoor Season With Five Wins March 18, 2018The University of Oklahoma track and field team opened the outdoor season this weekend with five wins at the TCU Invitational.
- Sooners Remain in Third at Clover Cup March 18, 2018Women's golf remains in third place at the Clover Cup after firing a second-round score of 288 (E) on Saturday
- Sooners' Seventh Backs Perez in Win March 17, 2018The Oklahoma baseball team's bats came to life in the seventh en route to a 4-1 win over Kennesaw State at L. Dale Mitchell Park on Saturday afternoon.
- Sooners Extend Streak, Climb NCAA Record Books March 17, 2018With its 88th consecutive victory, OU men's gymnastics is tied with UCLA men's basketball for the fifth-longest win streak in NCAA Division I history.
- Sooners Roll to Run-Rule Win Over Nebraska March 17, 2018No. 5/5 Oklahoma softball earned its 12th shutout win of the season on Saturday as it run-ruled Nebraska 8-0 in six innings at the Easton Tournament.