Welcome to the OU Club of Wichita
Fostering the spirit of The University of Oklahoma among its alumni and fans in the Wichita area.
March 15, 2017 (Wichita, KAN) — The OU Club of Wichita board officially announced the application deadline for its annual scholarship program. Those admitted to OU for the first tine in the Fall 2017 semester are eligible. Click on the SCHOLARSHIPS TAB to get full details. Deadline for applications is APRIL 15, 2017.
Former OU cheerleader and now Miss Augusta 2017, Cari Anne Cashon attended the board meeting as a guest, Cari Anne expressed support for the club’s efforts and asked for the club to support her campaign which could propel her to Miss America.
Learn more at http://www.missaugusta2017.com/
Last spring, the board awarded scholarships to local high school students from the Wichita area. After an exciting enrollment and orientation, the students are encouraged to write letters of thanks to the club. This week letters from Scott Tesser, Ashley Lesser and Alison Heeren arrived. Half of your dues to the club support our scholarship program.
- Track and Field Unveils 2018 Schedule August 23, 2017OU Vice President and Director of Athletics Joe Castiglione and Head Track and Field Coach Jim VanHootegem announced the 2018 OU track and field schedule Wednesday.
- Sooners Serve Up Season Opener at NIKE Invite August 23, 2017The University of Oklahoma volleyball team hosts its annual NIKE Invitational to open the 2017 season. The Sooners take on Seton Hall opening night on Friday at 7 p.m.
- Crain announces 2017 fall class August 22, 2017As the 2017 fall slate draws near, Oklahoma rowing welcomes six newcomers to the program, head coach Leeanne Crain announced.
- The Hurry-Up: Vol. 4 August 22, 2017With the season opener just 11 days away, fall camp has ended for Oklahoma football. In the last installment of The Hurry-Up, see some final thoughts from the Sooners.
- Orlando Brown Named Preseason AP All-American August 22, 2017Oklahoma redshirt junior offensive tackle Orlando Brown has been named to the Associated Press' Preseason All-America Team, the organization announced Tuesday.