What is a virtual race? A virtual race is a race that can be run at any location. You can walk, use the treadmill, run outside or any other option to complete the 5K distance
To join the virtual race, follow these simple steps:
1. Register above. Your $20 participation gift supports the club of your choice ($35 includes official race t-shirt)
2. Download the Strava app. In your email confirmation will be a link to the OKU5K Club on Strava.
3. Have Fun! Sync Strava with your GPS device (iPhone, Android, watch, Fitbit, etc) to track your run/walk.
4. Sport your crimson and cream5. Print your OKU5K race bib
6. Complete your 5K!
7. Upload pictures to social media with the #oku5k (don’t forget to make your post public so we can see it!) or email them to us firstname.lastname@example.org.The OU Alumni 5K is going virtual! Show your school pride and walk or run in the 5K from wherever you live!
The OKU-5K will take place starting on July 5th, 2020. Runners can compete any time between July 5th – July 12th.
Runners can connect with other OU Alumni and friends across the country by sharing their race on social media with the hashtag #OKU5K and tagging the OU Alumni Association at @SoonerAlumni!