Welcome to the OU Club of Wichita
Fostering the spirit of The University of Oklahoma among its alumni and fans in the Wichita area.
A Special Basketball Experience
This trip features round-trip charter bus transportation from Wichita to Oklahoma Cty to see the Wichita State University Shockers take on the Oklahoma Sooners. Included in the price are tickets to the game and a seat in one of three adjacent suites in the arena. Only 48 tickets are available so reserve your space now.
The bus will leave Wichita at 11 am. Departure location is the Sam’s Club parking lot in west Wichita.
Last spring, the board awarded scholarships to local high school students from the Wichita area. After an exciting enrollment and orientation, the students are encouraged to write letters of thanks to the club. This week letters from Scott Tesser, Ashley Lesser and Alison Heeren arrived. Half of your dues to the club support our scholarship program.
Join Sooner fans Saturday, October 1 for an official club watch party as the Sooners travel to TCU to take on the Horned Frogs in a conference opener for OU. Game time is 4 p.m. Great food and door prizes at Blarney Stone Irish Pub, at 21st and Woodlawn.
The OU Club of Wichita will have its watch parties at the Blarney Stone Pub, 2120 N Woodlawn in Wichita. The first watch party will be on Saturday, September 3, 11 a.m.when OU travels to Houston to take on the Cougars.
The watch parties had been scheduled at Fox and Hound until news broke of the closing of that establishment. Blarney Stone Pub owner Michelle Lindgren welcomed the opportunity to host loyal OU fans. It turns out Blarney Stone Pub is a very popular place for college watch parties. Most of our events will be in a private party room. On the occasion that room may have been reserved, we’ll be in the main room.
Special thanks to Gretchen Weber who did a great job for us at Fox and Hound and helped introduce us to the team at Blarney Stone Pub.
Watch Party dates and captains:
- September 3, Houston – Lori Ellison-Zuercher and Mark Chamberlin
- September 10, ULM (PPV) – Lori Ellison-Zuercher and Mark Chamberlin
- September 17, Ohio State – Mark Chamberlin
- October 1, TCU – Patti Phillips
- October 8, Texas – Mark Chamberlin
- October 22, Texas Tech – Brian Latta
- November 3, Iowa State – Bryce Matteson
- November 19, West Virginia – Clay Stoldt
- No. 19 OU Rolls Past UTRGV, 92-59 December 9, 2016Five Sooners scored in double figures Thursday night as No. 19 Oklahoma defeated, UT Rio Grande Valley, 92-59, at Lloyd Noble Center.
- Westbrook Wins OU’s First Biletnikoff Award December 9, 2016Dede Westbrook got his postseason awards tour off to a successful start Thursday when he was named the first Biletnikoff Award winner in OU history.
- Ressler Recognized as Big 12 Fall Scholar-Athlete December 8, 2016Oklahoma senior Rachel Ressler has earned yet another postseason accolade, receiving the 2016 Big 12 Soccer Scholar-Athlete of the Year award Thursday.
- Sights & Sounds from Day 1 in Atlanta December 8, 2016Baker Mayfield and Dede Westbrook landed in Atlanta Wednesday for the College Football Awards and had a busy day at the Hall of Fame.
- Sooners Roll Past ORU, 92-66 December 8, 2016Sophomore Christian James led the Sooners with 17 points as OU rolled past Oral Roberts, 92-66, Wednesday night inside Lloyd Noble Center.