Welcome to the OU Club of Wichita
Fostering the spirit of The University of Oklahoma among its alumni and fans in the Wichita area.
March 15, 2017 (Wichita, KAN) — The OU Club of Wichita board officially announced the application deadline for its annual scholarship program. Those admitted to OU for the first tine in the Fall 2017 semester are eligible. Click on the SCHOLARSHIPS TAB to get full details. Deadline for applications is APRIL 15, 2017.
Former OU cheerleader and now Miss Augusta 2017, Cari Anne Cashon attended the board meeting as a guest, Cari Anne expressed support for the club’s efforts and asked for the club to support her campaign which could propel her to Miss America.
Learn more at http://www.missaugusta2017.com/
Last spring, the board awarded scholarships to local high school students from the Wichita area. After an exciting enrollment and orientation, the students are encouraged to write letters of thanks to the club. This week letters from Scott Tesser, Ashley Lesser and Alison Heeren arrived. Half of your dues to the club support our scholarship program.
The OU Club of Wichita will have its watch parties at the Blarney Stone Pub, 2120 N Woodlawn in Wichita. The first watch party will be on Saturday, September 3, 11 a.m.when OU travels to Houston to take on the Cougars.
The watch parties had been scheduled at Fox and Hound until news broke of the closing of that establishment. Blarney Stone Pub owner Michelle Lindgren welcomed the opportunity to host loyal OU fans. It turns out Blarney Stone Pub is a very popular place for college watch parties. Most of our events will be in a private party room. On the occasion that room may have been reserved, we’ll be in the main room.
Special thanks to Gretchen Weber who did a great job for us at Fox and Hound and helped introduce us to the team at Blarney Stone Pub.
Watch Party dates and captains:
- September 3, Houston – Lori Ellison-Zuercher and Mark Chamberlin
- September 10, ULM (PPV) – Lori Ellison-Zuercher and Mark Chamberlin
- September 17, Ohio State – Mark Chamberlin
- October 1, TCU – Patti Phillips
- October 8, Texas – Mark Chamberlin
- October 22, Texas Tech – Brian Latta
- November 3, Iowa State – Bryce Matteson
- November 19, West Virginia – Clay Stoldt
- Mendenhall, Sooners Clinch Series at Baylor March 26, 2017Kyle Mendenhall drilled a three-run home run in the top of the second that stood up in a 3-0 shutout for No. 10 Oklahoma baseball over No. 14 Baylor on Sunday.
- OU Pounds UAB, 15-0, in Five March 26, 2017No. 13/12 Oklahoma used a nine-run second inning to ease its way past UAB in five innings, 15-0, Sunday in Norman.
- Softball Completes OKC Sweep by Beating UAB March 26, 2017No. 13/12 Oklahoma completed its Oklahoma City sweep by taking care of UAB at the College Preview Tournament, 5-2, Saturday night.
- Sooners Shut Out to Even Series at Baylor March 26, 2017The No. 10 University of Oklahoma baseball team lost to No. 14 Baylor, 7-0, at Baylor Ballpark Saturday afternoon to even its Big 12-opening series.
- OU Returns to OKC with 5-1 Win over LA Tech March 25, 2017Playing in Oklahoma City for the first time since the 2016 national title, No. 13/12 Oklahoma posted a 5-1 win over Louisiana Tech.