Welcome to the OU Club of Wichita
Fostering the spirit of The University of Oklahoma among its alumni and fans in the Wichita area.
The OU Club of Wichita and Deano’s Grill and Tapworks are partnering to host special watch parties for this season’s OU football campaign. The Watch Parties are:
- Saturday, September 9 at Ohio State (6:30 p.m. ABC)
- Saturday, September 16 Tulane at Norman (Deano’s is providing this PPV game) 5 p.m.
- Saturday, September 23 at Baylor
- Saturday, October 14 Texas at Dallas
- Saturday, October 21 at Kansas State
- Saturday, November 4 at Oklahoma State
- Saturday, November 18 at Kansas
Watch Parties are Free and open to all OU fans and their families. A special section is being set aside for the parties and each party features lots of door prizes.
Deano’s Grill and Tapworks is located at 9747 E 21st St N #101, Wichita, KS
2017-2018 OU Club of Wichita Scholarship Winners
The OU Club of Wichita is proud to announce the recipients of the club’s annual scholarships. Funds for the scholarships come from membership dues and other club activities. The board reviews applications from Wichita-area students who have been accepted at OU and recipients are selected based on academic performance and need.
Riley Sanders is our Sheridan Drowatzky Memorial Scholarship recipient. Riley is a graduate of Wichita Collegiate School where she was a prestigious Malone Scholar. Riley has a close relationship with her grandmother and younger sister and is described by a former teacher as being “an amazing young lady whose diligence, perseverance, intellectual and collaborative ability and positive attitude will guide her to future success.” Riley is the daughter of Jarrett & Allison Sander and plans to major in International Business at OU.
Sheridan Drowatzky was a teacher in Wichita and for many years served as the Membership Chair of the OU Club of Wichita.
At the tender age of 8, Hannah Reed created a tree house in her family’s back yard and says, “Learning how to draft, build and create something that existed only in my imagination a few days before remains one of my favorite childhood lessons.” The Maize South graduate credits her former summer vacation home as the starting point of her career in architecture, which will be her major at OU. Hannah is the daughter of Joseph and Teresa Reed.
From a shy 5th-grader who chose band because he hated to sing, to starring in musicals and concerts, Wichita Collegiate School graduate Conner Coughlin says “Music helped me out of my shell and opened many doors for me to showcase its various forms.” Conner’s second fascination is weather, which led to his decision to attend OU and its school of meteorology. Conner grew up watching the Weather Channel and hopes one day to be able to report from storms and warn the public. Conner is the son of Lisa Coughlin.
- Sooners Lead After Back Nine Comeback September 23, 2017No. 10 Oklahoma women's golf leads the Schooner Fall Classic in Norman after carding 16 birdies on the back nine.
- Two Sooners in Finals at Alabama Tournament September 23, 2017Ferran Calvo and Jake van Emburgh will play for singles titles in Tuscaloosa tomorrow.
- Miyazaki Set for Oracle ITA Masters Semifinal September 23, 2017Lily Miyazaki secured a semifinal berth with a 6-4, 6-1, win over Jessica Livianu of St. John's University Friday night.
- Sooners Drop Conference Opener to OSU September 23, 2017In the opening game of conference action, the Oklahoma soccer team dropped a 4-1 decision to No. 22 Oklahoma State at the Cowgirl Soccer Complex in Stillwater, Okla.
- OU Tallies Eight Wins on Day One in Alabama September 23, 2017The Oklahoma men's tennis team went 8-2 on the first day at the Alabama Four-in-the-Fall.