Welcome to the OU Club of Wichita
Fostering the spirit of The University of Oklahoma among its alumni and fans in the Wichita area.
Last spring, the board awarded scholarships to local high school students from the Wichita area. After an exciting enrollment and orientation, the students are encouraged to write letters of thanks to the club. This week letters from Scott Tesser, Ashley Lesser and Alison Heeren arrived. Half of your dues to the club support our scholarship program.
The OU Club of Wichita will have its watch parties at the Blarney Stone Pub, 2120 N Woodlawn in Wichita. The first watch party will be on Saturday, September 3, 11 a.m.when OU travels to Houston to take on the Cougars.
The watch parties had been scheduled at Fox and Hound until news broke of the closing of that establishment. Blarney Stone Pub owner Michelle Lindgren welcomed the opportunity to host loyal OU fans. It turns out Blarney Stone Pub is a very popular place for college watch parties. Most of our events will be in a private party room. On the occasion that room may have been reserved, we’ll be in the main room.
Special thanks to Gretchen Weber who did a great job for us at Fox and Hound and helped introduce us to the team at Blarney Stone Pub.
Watch Party dates and captains:
- September 3, Houston – Lori Ellison-Zuercher and Mark Chamberlin
- September 10, ULM (PPV) – Lori Ellison-Zuercher and Mark Chamberlin
- September 17, Ohio State – Mark Chamberlin
- October 1, TCU – Patti Phillips
- October 8, Texas – Mark Chamberlin
- October 22, Texas Tech – Brian Latta
- November 3, Iowa State – Bryce Matteson
- November 19, West Virginia – Clay Stoldt
Former OU running back and now restauranteur, Billy Sims spent the day meeting fans at his new Billy Sims BBQ restaurant in Newton on Saturday, July 16. Sims spent four hours signing autographs and posing for pictures as folks from the area dined on great food.
The day was made even more special with the introduction of the club’s 2016 scholarship winners.
The Oklahoma women’s gymnastics team won their second national title in program history with a score of 197.6750 Saturday night.
Following Oklahoma’s men’s gymnastics’ 10th National Championship earlier Saturday night, Oklahoma became the first school in NCAA history to have both teams win the national title in the same season.
Oklahoma coach K.J. Kindler said the team worked harder for this win than they did for their first national title.
- Sooners Head to No. 3 Kansas for Big Monday February 27, 2017Coming off a 30-point victory over K-State, the Sooners head to Allen Fieldhouse looking to upset the No. 3 Jayhawks on ESPN.
- No. 16 Sooners Close Home Slate with No. 4 Baylor February 26, 2017No. 16/16 Oklahoma looks for its 11th consecutive home win inside Lloyd Noble Center as the Sooners close the regular season with No. 4/3 Baylor Monday at 7 p.m. CT.
- Hollas Provides the Walk-Off Hit in Comeback February 26, 2017Ben Hollas came through in the clutch yet again for the Oklahoma baseball team in a 5-4 win over Boston College on Sunday afternoon.
- Sooners Push Win Streak to Four Matches February 26, 2017Oklahoma womenâ€™s tennis pushed its winning streak to four matches Sunday when it defeated Illinois, 5-2.
- Depth Displayed in OU Win at TWU February 26, 2017The No. 1 Sooners picked up another victory at TWU on Sunday afternoon, defeating the Pioneers inside Kitty Magee Arena in Denton, Texas.