Welcome to the OU Club of Wichita
Fostering the spirit of The University of Oklahoma among its alumni and fans in the Wichita area.
Join Sooner fans Saturday, October 1 for an official club watch party as the Sooners travel to TCU to take on the Horned Frogs in a conference opener for OU. Game time is 4 p.m. Great food and door prizes at Blarney Stone Irish Pub, at 21st and Woodlawn.
The OU Club of Wichita will have its watch parties at the Blarney Stone Pub, 2120 N Woodlawn in Wichita. The first watch party will be on Saturday, September 3, 11 a.m.when OU travels to Houston to take on the Cougars.
The watch parties had been scheduled at Fox and Hound until news broke of the closing of that establishment. Blarney Stone Pub owner Michelle Lindgren welcomed the opportunity to host loyal OU fans. It turns out Blarney Stone Pub is a very popular place for college watch parties. Most of our events will be in a private party room. On the occasion that room may have been reserved, we’ll be in the main room.
Special thanks to Gretchen Weber who did a great job for us at Fox and Hound and helped introduce us to the team at Blarney Stone Pub.
Watch Party dates and captains:
- September 3, Houston – Lori Ellison-Zuercher and Mark Chamberlin
- September 10, ULM (PPV) – Lori Ellison-Zuercher and Mark Chamberlin
- September 17, Ohio State – Mark Chamberlin
- October 1, TCU – Patti Phillips
- October 8, Texas – Mark Chamberlin
- October 22, Texas Tech – Brian Latta
- November 3, Iowa State – Bryce Matteson
- November 19, West Virginia – Clay Stoldt
Former OU running back and now restauranteur, Billy Sims spent the day meeting fans at his new Billy Sims BBQ restaurant in Newton on Saturday, July 16. Sims spent four hours signing autographs and posing for pictures as folks from the area dined on great food.
The day was made even more special with the introduction of the club’s 2016 scholarship winners.
The Oklahoma women’s gymnastics team won their second national title in program history with a score of 197.6750 Saturday night.
Following Oklahoma’s men’s gymnastics’ 10th National Championship earlier Saturday night, Oklahoma became the first school in NCAA history to have both teams win the national title in the same season.
Oklahoma coach K.J. Kindler said the team worked harder for this win than they did for their first national title.
- Wren Rewarded with a Scholarship September 27, 2016It was a good Monday for Erick Wren. A really good Monday. The senior offensive lineman got the surprise he had always dreamed of.
- Sooners Welcome Texas for Big 12 Home Opener September 27, 2016The Oklahoma volleyball team welcomes No. 4 Texas to McCasland Field House for its Big 12 home opener on Wednesday, September 28.
- Papa Finishes Runner-Up at Southern Intercollegiate September 26, 2016Spencer Papa capped off Oklahoma's appearance at the Southern Intercollegiate Championships with a runner-up finish in singles play
- Puerto Rico Tip-Off Changes Venue September 26, 2016The Puerto Rico Tip-Off will move its site to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex near Orlando, Fla. OU is one of eight teams competing.
- Bringing Back the Boom September 26, 2016During Lon Kruger's five seasons at Oklahoma, student attendance has risen by over 100 percent and brought the boom back to the LNC.