Welcome to the OU Club of Wichita
Fostering the spirit of The University of Oklahoma among its alumni and fans in the Wichita area.
March 15, 2017 (Wichita, KAN) — The OU Club of Wichita board officially announced the application deadline for its annual scholarship program. Those admitted to OU for the first tine in the Fall 2017 semester are eligible. Click on the SCHOLARSHIPS TAB to get full details. Deadline for applications is APRIL 15, 2017.
Former OU cheerleader and now Miss Augusta 2017, Cari Anne Cashon attended the board meeting as a guest, Cari Anne expressed support for the club’s efforts and asked for the club to support her campaign which could propel her to Miss America.
Learn more at http://www.missaugusta2017.com/
Last spring, the board awarded scholarships to local high school students from the Wichita area. After an exciting enrollment and orientation, the students are encouraged to write letters of thanks to the club. This week letters from Scott Tesser, Ashley Lesser and Alison Heeren arrived. Half of your dues to the club support our scholarship program.
The OU Club of Wichita will have its watch parties at the Blarney Stone Pub, 2120 N Woodlawn in Wichita. The first watch party will be on Saturday, September 3, 11 a.m.when OU travels to Houston to take on the Cougars.
The watch parties had been scheduled at Fox and Hound until news broke of the closing of that establishment. Blarney Stone Pub owner Michelle Lindgren welcomed the opportunity to host loyal OU fans. It turns out Blarney Stone Pub is a very popular place for college watch parties. Most of our events will be in a private party room. On the occasion that room may have been reserved, we’ll be in the main room.
Special thanks to Gretchen Weber who did a great job for us at Fox and Hound and helped introduce us to the team at Blarney Stone Pub.
Watch Party dates and captains:
- September 3, Houston – Lori Ellison-Zuercher and Mark Chamberlin
- September 10, ULM (PPV) – Lori Ellison-Zuercher and Mark Chamberlin
- September 17, Ohio State – Mark Chamberlin
- October 1, TCU – Patti Phillips
- October 8, Texas – Mark Chamberlin
- October 22, Texas Tech – Brian Latta
- November 3, Iowa State – Bryce Matteson
- November 19, West Virginia – Clay Stoldt
- Sooners Storm Back in Saturday Split April 30, 2017The University of Oklahoma baseball team earned a split with No. 25 West Virginia, capped by a come-from-behind 3-1 win in game two on Saturday afternoon.
- OU Closes Penn Relays with Top Performances April 30, 2017OU closed the Penn Relays with an event win, several personal bests, and a result that was on the brink of school history.
- OU Hits Three Homers in Run-Rule Win at TTU April 29, 2017No. 7/7 Oklahoma got its 15th shutout and 14th run-rule win of the season with a 12-0, five-inning victory over Texas Tech Saturday.
- Westbrook, Perine, Evans Picked on Day Three April 29, 2017Dede Westbrook (Jacksonville) and Samaje Perine (Washington) were taken early in the fourth round of the NFL Draft.
- Big 12 Men's Tennis Championship Central April 29, 2017Big 12 Men's Tennis Championship Central