Welcome to the OU Club of Wichita
Fostering the spirit of The University of Oklahoma among its alumni and fans in the Wichita area.
What is a virtual race? A virtual race is a race that can be run at any location. You can walk, use the treadmill, run outside or any other option to complete the 5K distance
To join the virtual race, follow these simple steps:
1. Register above. Your $20 participation gift supports the club of your choice ($35 includes official race t-shirt)
2. Download the Strava app. In your email confirmation will be a link to the OKU5K Club on Strava.
3. Have Fun! Sync Strava with your GPS device (iPhone, Android, watch, Fitbit, etc) to track your run/walk.
4. Sport your crimson and cream5. Print your OKU5K race bib
6. Complete your 5K!
7. Upload pictures to social media with the #oku5k (don’t forget to make your post public so we can see it!) or email them to us email@example.com.The OU Alumni 5K is going virtual! Show your school pride and walk or run in the 5K from wherever you live!
The OKU-5K will take place starting on July 5th, 2020. Runners can compete any time between July 5th – July 12th.
Runners can connect with other OU Alumni and friends across the country by sharing their race on social media with the hashtag #OKU5K and tagging the OU Alumni Association at @SoonerAlumni!
Lori Ellison-Zuercher, board member and scholarship chair, talks about her journey as a fan and alumna of the University of Oklahoma.
- Volleyball Announces Addition of Grace Talpash July 9, 2020NORMAN — Oklahoma volleyball coach Lindsey Gray-Walton announced Thursday the addition of transfer Grace Talpash, who will join the Sooners for the 2020 season and have three seasons of eligibility remaining.
- Secor and Screen Continue Summer Slate July 3, 2020NORMAN -- Oklahoma women's golfers Ellen Secor and Hannah Screen both continued their summer seasons away from Norman over the past week. Secor competed in her home state at the Oregon Women's Stroke Play Championship and Screen made her return to competitive golf at the Rose Ladies Series at Buckinghamshire Golf Club in England.
- Forever My Home July 2, 2020Looking back, it is crazy how close I was to not ending up at OU at all, but God 100% put his hands on me and placed me on the greatest campus in the world – The University of Oklahoma.
- OU Announces Cost-Cutting Measures Due to COVID-19 July 1, 2020With the start of the 2020-2021 fiscal year, the University of Oklahoma Athletics Department announced Wednesday initial cost-cutting measures that are now in place as a result of the COVID-19 global pandemic.
- COVID Testing Update from July 8 July 1, 2020The University of Oklahoma football team has returned to campus as its student-athletes began voluntary workouts Wednesday, July 1. Following is data related to coronavirus testing of players and football staff.
- 100 Sooners on Academic All-Big 12 Rookie Team July 1, 2020NORMAN — One-hundred University of Oklahoma student-athletes have been named to the 2019-2020 Academic All-Big 12 Rookie Team, the conference announced Wednesday.
- Kinley, Sanders Tabbed Preseason All-Big 12 June 29, 2020Oklahoma volleyball defensive specialist Keyton Kinley and outside hitter Sarah Sanders have both been named to the 2019 All-Big 12 Volleyball Preseason Team, the league office announced Monday.
- Football Checking in with Protocols in Place June 26, 2020The University of Oklahoma will re-open its facilities to members of the football team on Wednesday, July 1.