Welcome to the OU Club of Wichita
Fostering the spirit of The University of Oklahoma among its alumni and fans in the Wichita area.
One step from the National Championship game. Come watch this game everyone is talking about, Big 12 Champ, Oklahoma, faces off against Alabama. Share the moment with OU fans at Deano’s.
December 29, 2018. Kickoff is 7 pm. More Heisman moments await.
Three Wichita-area students have been awarded a scholarship from the OU Club of Wichita for the 2018-19 school year.
Gracyn Reynolds – Derby High School
Gracyn, a National Honor Society Member, served as Volleyball Team Captain, attended Chick-Fil-A Leadership Academy, and served as new student Ambassador at Derby High School. She will be the first in her family to attend the University of Oklahoma. Amidst her collegiate studies and hard work, she looks forward to having attending OU football games this fall.
Parents: Craig and Kristin Reynolds
“Leadership experiences help build a solid foundation to one’s character and success in life. I know the Sooners are dedicated and exceptional people, and I hope to keep this expectation alive by becoming a leader in my new community.”
Academic Major: Biomedical Engineering to prepare for Medical School.
Jordan Renard – Derby High School
Parents: Amber & Daniel Finneran and Christopher & Shamra Renard
Jordan, a National Honors Society Member, played with the Derby High School Varsity football and helped his team to earn two state titles. He also served as Vice President of the Future Business Leaders of America. Jordan loves to read and watch movies. Looking forward to his OU, he plans to play intramural athletics and states he is looking forward to his first ever college football game watching one of the best teams in the nation – the Sooners!
“Accounting is not always about spreadsheets or Excel documents, but that it can also involve you going out and interacting with your clients, helping them make better financial decisions, reducing their expenses, and making sure they too are people and not just pieces of paper.”
Academic Major: Accounting
Vivian Nguyen – Kapaun Mount Carmel
Vivian, a National Honor Society member who graduated Cum Laude, served as Student Ambassador, Secretary of Cultural Diversity and Community Club, Treasurer, Lead Tutor, and Volunteered at Via Christi St. Joseph! At OU she plans to pursue the Pre-Med track majoring in Biology. She will rush in a couple of weeks and is excited to explore Norman and call it her home.
A true leader means that you have to keep others in mind. It cannot be about you or your wants. It has to be for the good of others.”
Parents: Johnny and Hannah Nguyen
Academic Major: Undetermined
In the past ten years, the OU Club of Wichita has awarded 42 scholarships valued at $87,400. Half of those scholarships are from the club’s treasury, the other half represents a match from the university.
The OU Club of Wichita’s 2nd Sooner Send-Off Party will take place Saturday, July 28, from 1:30 – 3:00 at Deano’s Grill and Tapworks. 15 Wichita area high school seniors, along with their families, have been invited to meet Sooner fans for a special send-off as they begin their careers at OU.
The event is free and Deano’s will be providing some appetizers and the club will provide door prizes.
- Sooners Hire Odom as Inside Linebackers Coach January 16, 2019Brian Odom has joined the OU staff as inside linebackers coach. Odom, an Oklahoma native and member of the Sooners' 2000 national championship team, spent the last two seasons at Missouri as the Tigers' outside linebackers coach.
- OU Hires Roy Manning as Cornerbacks Coach January 15, 2019Head coach Lincoln Riley announced Tuesday the hiring of Roy Manning as the program's cornerbacks coach. Manning, who served the 2018 season as UCLA's outside linebackers and special teams coach, also presided over outside linebackers under new OU defensive coordinator Alex Grinch at Washington State during the 2015-17 seasons.
- No. 20 Oklahoma Hosts K-State Wednesday January 15, 2019No. 20 Oklahoma Hosts K-State Wednesday
- Pair of Sooners Earn Big 12 Weekly Awards January 14, 2019Pair of Sooners Earn Big 12 Weekly Awards
- Sooners Hold Steady at No. 1 January 14, 2019Through two weeks of competition, the Oklahoma women's gymnastics team is holding steady in the top spot.