Welcome to the OU Club of Wichita
Fostering the spirit of The University of Oklahoma among its alumni and fans in the Wichita area.
When the staff at Fox and Hound have to convert the two pool tables into extra seating, you know you have a full house. That was the case for the Akron vs OU game September 5. Was nice to hear the Sooner roars once the team found its rhythm.
Our club’s legacy is the wonderful students supported by the scholarship program. One regret is that we rarely know what becomes of them. There are exceptions. Today (September 1, 2015) Rachel Macari paid a surprise visit to Rotary Club of West Wichita, where OU Club president Mark Chamberlin is a member. Macari was a 2011 scholarship recipient and has completed her degree in pharmacy. She is taking a year off to decide what path to follow next. She was the guest of Dr. Michael Ludlow of West Wichita Family Physicians. Rachel is the daughter of Steve and Brenda Macari and is a graduate of Andale High School where she finished 8th in her class of 112 students and a perfect 4.0 grade point average.
Every year, ESPN college football analyst Kirk Herbstreit hands out preseason awards called Herbie Awards. This year, he’s picking OU to win the Big 12 … and make the College Football Playoff.
- Sooners Use Complete Effort To Down West Virginia October 3, 2015Baker Mayfield passed for 320 yards and three touchdowns, and No. 15 Oklahoma defeated No. 23 West Virginia 44-24 Saturday in the Big 12 opener for both teams.
- Sooners' Fall Season Continues in Oregon October 3, 2015The Oklahoma men's golf team is back in action this weekend in Portland, Ore., at the second annual Nike Golf Collegiate Invitational.
- FREE Volleyball This Saturday October 2, 2015Admission is FREE Saturday night as Oklahoma volleyball hosts Baylor at 7:00 pm at McCasland Field House.
- Game Primer: OU vs. West Virginia October 2, 2015Get ready for gameday, as No. 15 OU takes on No. 23 West Virginia, with the SoonerSports.com Game Primer.
- OU Concludes Non-Conference Play with 1-0 Win October 2, 2015The OU soccer team closed its non-conference slate with a 1-0 shutout victory over Illinois State at Adelaide Street Field on Friday.